Following the extremely hot and dry conditions, the City of Corpus Christi has entered Stage 1 Mandatory Drought Restrictions. City Manager Peter Zanoni has declared Stage 1 Mandatory Drought Restrictions from the City’s 2018 Drought Contingency Plan (DCP) to conserve the available water supply. The following Stage 1 Drought restrictions are now in effect:
- Residents can use their irrigation system only once a week, on resident’s trash collection day, before 10:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m.
- City crews will prioritize response to repairs and leaks.
- The City will monitor Stage 1 compliance.
During Stage 1, commercial car washes and landscape nurseries are not impacted. Residents are encouraged to follow these water-conscious conservation measures:
- Avoid water run-off on streets and sidewalks
- Check for water leaks around your home
- Wash full loads in your laundry and dishwasher
Residents will be informed of any changes in the Drought Restriction Stages. The City’s goal is to educate citizens on how to conserve water. Residents are urged to encourage one another to help save water in any way possible. A little bit goes a long way