1 year old Jesselle Lopez passes away from severe injuries

According to the father, Jesse Lopez, his daughter, 1 year old Jesselle Lopez, who sustained severe injuries from her mothers boyfriend has passed away at Driscoll Children’s Hospital at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday after being on life support for more than 48 hours.

1 year old Jasselle Lopez

Jesselle Lopez was found unresponsive at the Latitude Apartments on Monday around 3 p.m. by police and paramedics. Jasselle was rushed to a hospital where her heart stopped and she was placed on life support in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.

Crime Scene taped of Latitude Apartments on the 6400 block of Weber Road.

On Wednesday, the Crónica spoke to the biological father of Jesselle Lopez. Jesse Lopez said he was out of state working in Michigan when he recieved a phone call about the injuries to his daughter. Lopez was able to get back to Corpus Christi after flight delays due to severe thunderstorms in the Coastal Bend.

Today, Jesse Lopez in an exclusive interview says the mother has not let him see his two children for over two months and still has Jaselle’s Easter baskets at home. Lopez in tears says that doctors have notified him that there was no brain activity. Hours later the family decided to take Jasselle off life support where she passed away at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday. A Go Fund Me account was made on behalf of the family.

Jasselle Lopez and her biological father Jesse Lopez at Driscoll Children’s Hospital before she was taken off life support.

Police arrested 31 year old Mark Anthony Hernandez for Injury to a Child and his bond was set $30,000. Those criminal charges are expected to be enhanced as soon as the Medical Examiners give a cause of death.

31 year old Mark Anthony Hernandez remains in Nueces County Jail on a $30,000 bond for Injur to a Child charges.

This is a developing story and we will be broadcasting live on Facebook with the family shortly after 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.